Dahi Ke Sholey
Posted by : Pragya Bansal
- ½ cup hung Curd / thick Yogurt
- 1 cup Paneer
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder / Lal Mirch Powder/Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Capsicum (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Aamchur / Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 6 slices Bread (white / brown)
Method / Process
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take ½ cup hung Curd and 1 cup grated Paneer.
- Add ½ tsp Chilli Powder, ½ tsp Garam Masala, 2 tbsp Onion, 2 tbsp Capsicum, 2 tbsp Coriander, ½ tsp Aamchur and ¼ tsp Salt.
- Combine well making sure all the spices gets mixed with Paneer and hung Curd. Keep aside
- Now take a bread slice and trim off the edges. You can use sides of bread to prepare breadcrumbs by blending dry in mixi.
- Roll the bread slice as thin as possible, this prevent bread from absorbing Oil.
- Place a tbsp of prepared Dahi stuffing in one side of bread slice leaving space at the ends.
- Brush some Water around the edges.
- Roll and press the edges to seal them tight. Else the stuffing will be in oil while deep frying.
- Furthermore, heat the Oil and deep fry the Dahi bread rolls on medium flame. Or preheat oven and bake at 180 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- Fry them till they turn golden brown. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
- Finally, serve Dahi ke sholay recipe or Dahi Bread roll hot with Tomato Ketchup or Green Chutney.