Posted by : Pragya Bansal
- 1 cup Rava / Semolina / Suji
- 1 cup Curd / Yogurt
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ tsp Eno or pinch of Baking Soda
Method / Process
- Firstly, in a large bowl take 1 cup Suji add in 1 cup Curd, ½ tsp Salt and combine well without forming any lumps.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes or till Rava / Sooji absorbs Water.
- Again add ¼ cup Water or as required to prepare Idli batter consistency.
- Just before steaming the Idlis, add in ¼ tsp Eno or pinch of Baking Soda and give a gentle mix.
- Pour the batter immediately onto greased Idli plate.
- Steam them on medium flame for 15 minutes or till the Idli are cooked completely.
- Finally, serve soft Sooji Idli or plain Rava Idli along with Chutney and Sambar.