Posted by : Pragya Bansal
- 10 to 12 small Karela
- ¾ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Dhaniya powder
- ¾ tsp Red Chili powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon dry Mango powder (Amchur powder)/Achaar masala
- 1 tsp Fennel powder
- 3 tsp Oil
- Salt as required
Method / Process
- Rinse the Bitter Gourd in fresh Water a few times and wipe dry with a clean kitchen towel. Then peel them.
- Make a vertical cut on each Karela .
- Mix Salt and Turmeric powder in plate and apply on Karela rest for 2 to 3 hour.
- Mix all the dry spice powders with Salt.
- Tie a thread tightly around each Karela.
- Making Bharwa Karela.
- Heat the oil in a pan .
- Once the Oil becomes medium hot, then lower the heat.
- Add the stuffed Karela. Stir and gently mix with the Oil.
- Begin to pan fry them on a low heat.
- Stir and turn over after evey 2 to 3 minutes for even cooking. Pan fry them on low heat till they are browned, cooked.
- Once cooked then remove in a plate and set aside.