Posted by : Pragya Bansal
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1tsp Salt
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin / Jeera
- 2 tbsp Coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 cup Water
- 1 Lemon
Method / Process
- Rinse 1 cup Basmati rice with Water 2-3 times until the water runs clear. Rinsing the Rice removes extra starch which in turn makes it fluffy post-cooking.
- Soak it in 2-3 cups of Water for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon Ghee in a pot over high heat.
- When the Ghee is hot, add 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds and Add 1 Bay Leaf, let them crackle for 4-5 seconds.
- Drain the Rice and add it to the pot along with 2-3 drops of Lime Juice, 1 teaspoon Salt, and 2 cups of Water. Stir gently.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 20 minutes undisturbed, until all the Water is absorbed and the Rice is tender.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff gently with a fork.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander and serve.