White Sauce Pasta
Posted by : Pragya Bansal
- 3/4 cup Penne Pasta or any Pasta
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4-5 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Capsicum
- 1/4 cup chopped Yellow Capsicum
- 1/4 cup chopped Red capsicum
- 1 large Slice Onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Broccoli
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tsp Butter
- 2 Amul Cheese Slice
- 1 tsp finely chopped Garlic, optional
- 1½ tsp Maida (all purpose Flour)
- 1½ cups Milk (250 ml)
- 1/4 tsp dried Oregano, optional (or pizza seasonings)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper Powder (or crushed pepper)
- Salt to taste
For White Sauce:
Method / Process
- Boil the Pasta . I used regular Penne Pasta which was supposed to be boiled for 9 to 11 minutes and drain. Make sure you don't overcook your pasta.
- Melt 1 tsp of Butter in a pan on medium heat. Add all the veggies – Onion, Red, Yellow , Green Pepper, Carrot, Broccoli florets. You can use other veggies also Cook the veggies for 2 minutes and then remove on a plate.
- To another pan or you can use the same pan, now add 1 tsp Olive Oil and the remaining tsp of Butter. Once the butter melts, add Garlic Cloves and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Then add in the Flour. Whisk the flour continuously, using a wire whisk for around 30 to 60 seconds. You don't have to brown the Flour much.
- Then add in the Milk. You can also add 1 cup heavy Cream here or use additional 1/2 cup Milk. Mix everything using a wire whisk so that there are no lumps formed.
- Add in the seasonings: Italian seasonings dried Oregano, Red Chili Flakes, Salt and Black Pepper. Mix in everything and let the Sauce simmer.
- Add Amul Cheese Slice and mix them.
- Sauce will thicken as it simmers and in 4 to 5 minutes it will coat the back of the spoon. Turn heat to lowest.
- Add in the veggies and the boiled pasta back into the pan. Toss until the pasta and veggies are coated with the sauce. Taste test and adjust the seasonings at this point. Serve warm!