Posted by : Pragya Bansal
- 2 cups thick Poha
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small Carrot
- 1/2 Red yellow Capsicums
- 1 tbsp Beans
- 1 tbsp Peas
- 1/3 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Green Chilly
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoon Peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1½ teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
Method / Process
- Put Poha in a colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in the Water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Heat the Oil and add the Mustard seeds, Curry Leaves and Onions along.
- When Onions are light brown, add Potatoes, Carrot, Capsicum, Beans, Peas and turn around till they look a bit glossy.
- Add the Turmeric and Salt sauté over low heat till the vegetables are cooked through and add Sugar .
- Increase the heat, add Poha and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- Shut off the heat, and mix in the Green Chilies, Lemon Juice and half of the coriander.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander and Lemon wedges and serve.